Monday, November 9, 2009

Fantasy NBA: Players of the Week 2

I didn't do too well this week again. All my teams were either escapes or slim losses, part due to bad drafts and some injuries.. Unfortunately, unlike real life, some Fantasy seasons can actually be broken in the first few weeks. Thankfully, I haven't been murdered yet.

Now for this week's players:

The Director
Chris Paul (NOH) - 2.0 3Pt FGM, 26.8 PPG, 11.8 APG, 1.5 SPG
> Maybe the Rondo scuffle woke up CP3.

The Skywalker
Kevin Martin (SAC) - 4.5 3Pt FGM , 38.0 PPG, 8.0 RPG, 2.5 SPG
> Too bad he's out for 6-8 weeks after he broke it wide open.

The Triggerman
LeBron James (CLE) - 28.3 PPG, 7.7 RPG, 7.0 APG, 2.3 SPG
> The LeBron NY Circus closed the week, and he was worth the hype. TOs, not so.

Captain Lionheart
Dirk Nowitzki (DAL) - 27.0 PPG, 8.3 RPG, 1.7 SPG, 2.0 BPG
> 29 points in 1 quarter then 14 for a game. Inconsistent much?

Tower of Power
Chris Bosh (TOR) - 62.9 FG%, 26.0 PPG, 9.0 RPG, 1.3 TPG
> Numbers are "down" from last week. Contract year effect?


5 comments:

  1. haha. love the nicknames. pinoy kamla. been struggling on my fantasy league myself. brandon roy gave me just 2 points last night. i hate blowouts. its a long season. you play a head-to-head league?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, 3 head-to-heads. It's been tough. Just today, I ran into Steve Nash's 20 and Stephen Jackson's 15 assists respectively.

    Hopefully, once the injuries and suspensions get out of the way, I can jump back into contention.

    We should put up a fantasy league for our blogger network next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, we're kind of in the middle of an unofficial one this year, with a couple of guys from driball. but this one is a roto league. my first time in a non-h2h league so im kind of learning the ropes. had a good start but the team dropped down because of injuries. i kind of like h2h because i know i can make it up later in the season, but im kind of worrying i dont get that luxury in roto. every game counts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah. That's partly the reason why I don't like roto's. One injury can pull you down so badly... Not to mention that I love the trash talk in head-to-heads.

    I say we put up that h2h league, invite some of the driball and firequinito guys. Then turn it into a keeper league since we monitor everything so closely anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds good to me. i'll float the idea and let's see what we can come up with.

    ReplyDelete